miércoles, 29 de abril de 2009

My last vacation was on the summer of 2007 and I spent one month in North Chile. I visited several places, because the nothern part of our country has very different landscapes and environments, all of them are very interesting and beautyful. I went specifically to the Antofagasta Region, which is the second one in the political division of our country. I went to Chiuchiu, Lasana and Caspana which are small towns in the middle part of the Loa and Salado rivers in the Atacama desert, also I went to the towns of Ascotan and Ollague in the highlands, near to Bolivia. Finally, I spent the rest of the time in the coastal city of Antofagasta and in the city of Taltal which is also located in the coast side .
Most of the time I travelled alone, specially in the desert, but in the cities of Antofagasta and Taltal I met several friends.
I met a lot of people, some of them very interesting persons. I remember specially an old man. He is a goat shepherd and he lives with his sister in the middle of the desert, in a very very small town called Conchi, near to the Loa river. He was very nice and kind with me, and we talked a lot about the way he lives in the loneliness of the desert.
The weather was warm most of the time but in the highlands, when the night falls, the temperature descends below the 0º C degree. In the seaside, the nights are fresh and cold and the mornings are cloudy. So, despite it were summer time I brought a sweater and a jacket in my bag.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario